Thursday 26 June 2008

Thursday morning in London

It's a Thursday morning but I don't have anything to write about this morning so it's moreso about yesterday happenings.

In the morning we took a bus tour of London starting from the west side (Wesminster) where our dorm is located all the way to the East where the actual City of London resides. I just found out yesterday that only 1 square mile of this city is actually London. Everything else is Wesminster. But anyways our tour guides name was Peter and he is this adorable british retired actor. He was hilarious and I could not figure out what jokes were actually jokes and what was the truth. I was convinced that the toilets near St. Paul's Cathedral really did play God Save the Queen when you sit down but no...that was a joke. When returning back to our dorm around half past noon Elodie and I ran errands. We were trying to make it to an art supply store but ended up taking the wrong direction on the tube and came out at Trafalgar Square. That is where the National Gallery is and just behind there is another art supply store. So our mishap was no biggie. We bummed around, took some pictures, watched the worst street performer ever. All he did was make fun of the Scottish people and tell people to sit down. It was dumb. We were convinced he was just trying to see how long he could keep people watching with out actually doing anything. But I did see him do a little breakdancing when I walked by later. We headed back to our side of town and went to the pharmacy and grocery stores. I bought some Captain Morgan's rum that was actually bottled in the UK. I found that to be quite silly. After I spent the longest time taking a shower since it was just a light spray we went around the corner to a pub called the Duke of York. Apparently tonight is quiz night. I hope that proves to be a blast.

I have taken so many pictures so far that I would love to post but still can't get my computer to recognize my camera is attached. It's bumming me out. I turn it on, I try to review, I downloaded Kodak Easy Share Software, but nothing. It's totally pissing me off.

I'm not sure what my plans are for this morning yet. I don't have class till 2 pm so I was thinking of walking around Hyde park and then heading towards wherever my afternoon Asian Art History course is. I almost feel like I should bum around with Jody's Art History class sometimes too because they will probably go places I want to go. Like today I think they are going to the National Gallery. Hmm...well I feel like the only person who isn't in that class on this trip. Jody just seems really dry and I didn't want to be bored the whole time. Anyways enough of that. I need to get ready and get out of here before I fall asleep.

xoxo,
britt

hopefully pictures coming soon!

No comments: