Tuesday 24 June 2008

Day 1 in Londontown<3

Disclaimer: Didn't have wireless internet like I thought I would in our dorm rooms so I wrote down stuff in MWord. Holler day 1!

--Having to blog in Microsoft word is silly but the Nutford house does not have any working wireless Internet in the rooms. It’s no biggie, though. For starters we finally arrived in London at 9:30 am (early in fact!) after being delayed in Columbus and being fascinated by a tram inside of the terminal of the Detroit airport.

My room is pretty cute. It’s small but bigger than my single my freshman year of college in Ewing. I took some pictures that I will be uploading sometime soon after I get an Ethernet cable and figure out how to load pictures onto my computer. I feel dumb for not being able to figure that out. But eh, what can you do?

Els and I are about to head out to walk around town, check out the stores, and grab a few things before dinner. We just finished our first group meeting where we were all falling asleep while listening to Jody (main professor) talk. After talking with Dwayne about the studio art classes I’m pretty pumped. I am not very good by any standards so it will be uncomfortable for me to show others my stuff. Just like when I write I hate to share it with others. Blogs and journals not so much but English papers or letters, I just can’t show to anyone. Especially since all of my friends have been gifted with the ways of words. I am not so well spoken sometimes. I am better than I used to be but I get frazzled and just stutter a lot or repeat words. It’s kind of a silly thing I don’t really think about that often.

Things I need to buy:
o 2 sketchbooks
o writing utensils that once on paper can’t be erased
o Ethernet cable
o Alarm clock
o Britrail pass!!!

Things I need sent to me:
o My friends
o Meow Meow
o Journal Sarah gave me for my birthday
o The Room…couldn’t find where I put it when moving out since I didn’t have the case at the time


Some kid with crazy hair and a beard named OJ lives in a hall with Elodie and I. It’s just people and us 3 we haven’t met or empty rooms. I am trying to chill some champagne for later but Els has already declared that she doesn’t want to go out. Blech. Okay, maybe it’s alright to bash her for being a party pooper at least.

xoxo,
BrittFace

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I'm really proud of you! Sharing art work and participating in critiques is an experience everyone should have.. You're so cute :)