Friday 11 July 2008

Picture Blog II

 My goat cheese wrap in Avebury at the Black Lion.  Apparently it is one of the most haunted places.  
  We were all super soaked and drunky after the pub.  It was raining so we couldn't see the town very much.  
  His name is Nandi.  He is a statue that resided in a temple of one of the Hindu Divinities.  He's adorable and in the Victoria and Albert Museum.
  The British attempt at a grilled cheese.  It had onions on it, which I didn't order, and butter on the inside.  It was alright for only 2 pounds.
  Bring on Pride London Parade!  This was July 5th.
  The giant rainbow flag.  It went on forever!  They had to have it specially repaired for this year's parade because the weather was so bad last year that it was all torn apart and stained.  
 The Amy Winehouse drag queens were my favorite.  There were at least 6 of them...all different shapes and sizes.
  A super, fabulous, tall, strawed skirt drag queen.
 The epic or really not so epic Stonehenge.
 Elodie is super cute in this picture.
 The things you can find in a Stonehenge gift shop.  I stole a postcard from there too!

 There are cute signs like this everywhere.  This was in Hyde Park near the Serpentine.  I wish it was nicer here lately.  It's my favorite place to chill out on mornings I don't have class.
View from the London Eye.  Just behind Parliament (Big Ben) you can see Westminster Abbey.
Me and Benny Boy.


Elodie, Me, Jenn, Liz, and Rachel on the London Eye.  You can see Ben too!On the bridge back to the Underground stop.  Gorgeous isn't it?!

We went to Abbey Road!  Liz, Els, and I attempted to recreate the picture.  We at least got an intersection with the big stripes to use.  I don't think it was the right one, though.
A Hindu Temple in Neasdon we had class at one day.  
  Taking care of my candy fix.  These starbursts are so much better than ones at home.  Although, I miss pink!
  Tuesday morning we had our studio class in the Natural History Museum.  This is what you see when first entering, Little Foot!  This building looked like a palace.
Our time was spent in the mammal section, sketching them.  Hippo mouth!
I drew a pretty bomb ass portrait of this elephant.
I thought it was an alpaca but it wasn't.  I forget what the name of this animal was.
It's Hayden!
The difference between a cow (left) and camel's (right) droppings.  Obviously water loss is an issue for cows.
Huge polar bear!  BTW all of these animals were actual skins.  They were all faded and there was a sign saying that the museum is no longer collecting animal skins to stuff.
So you see things like faded panda bears.
  Just chillin' with my friend, Simba.
Channeling Timothy Treadwell.
They had a huge dinosaur section.  But no raptors!  I was pissed, to say the least.
  My Pimms and Lemonade in Brighton at the Sussex.  Best drink ever with fresh strawberries!
Kaitlin, Els, and Jenn at the Sussex.  It was too rainy to walk around and enjoy the beachy feel of Brighton.
 Dawn, Liz, Rachel, and Me.  Probably the worst pic of all of this minus Liz's awesome face.
  The wonderful pub we hung out at.
It was cold and rainy and I think Elodie snapped this candid pic.
 The pasty pirate stop.  Got some super delicious coffee from there this morning.  This is in Wimbledon.
The gorgeous Buddhist Temple.  It was so nice to sit outside here.  You see it was sunny today in Wimbledon!
The entrance.
A back walk way to a little creek area.
Rawr!

Looking at these pictures makes me appreciate being here 100%, even if the end of today was kind of awful.

Enjoy!

xoxo,
britt

No comments: